- May 19th - Brad graduated from Taylor University. We spent the weekend with the Livingston family at TU and had a great time celebrating Brad's last days at college.
- May 24th - Final walk-through of our new home in Wheaton. The sellers had scrubbed the house from top to bottom - it looked fantastic and even smelled clean!
- May 25th - 9:00am, we closed on our house (in 45 minutes).
- May 25th - 10:30am - Rob and I, the eager and proud homeowners, could be found pulling weeds and picking up our new yard.
- May 26th - Kelsey had her graduation open house and we celebrated her very successful high school career. Highlight: the slide show mom and Josh put together, a total tear-jerker.
- May 26th and 28th - Cheryl's brother Steve helped us paint the 2 guest bedrooms, guest bathroom, kitchen, and ceilings.
- May 27th - Carpet cleaners come! Christine (Brad's fiance) had her bridal shower in Naperville, which was so much fun. I got to catch up with my friend Brooke from Taylor.
- May 28th - I met our new neighbors, who are very nice. I also discover the chipmunk family living under our front porch. More house-stuff (cleaning, etc.) and packing at our apartment.
So now you know what we have been up to. The days ahead will be an adventure! Rob and I are both taking Friday off to pack up the rest of our apartment, and then the movers come on Saturday morning and we become Wheaton residents. I'm taking Monday-Wednesday off as well to unpack and settle everything into our home, because I leave Sunday the 10th for Seattle for 3 days (SOA Board meeting). That following weekend, we'll have a group of guys at our house for Brad's bachelor party, and then Brad and Christine will be getting married on the 23rd in Michigan! Hard to believe how quickly this spring has flown by...
We hope you are all doing well!