Monday, December 2, 2013

Over halfway {to becoming a family of 6}

Hey there, fourth baby! We love you, and even though life has been full and busy and at times, complicated, we are excited to meet you. We've been happily watching you grow for the last 5 months and can't believe we only have 4 more to go until your arrival. Here's what 'you' have looked like, where you've gone, and what's been going on around you outside of my belly. 


Today... 24 weeks.
You are a squirmy little gal. I feel you moving all day long, and you prefer when I sleep on my right side. I can't wait for your kicks to get stronger so that your dad and siblings can feel your movements, too!






22 weeks.
The belly is getting big. I'm finally feeling good most days. My skin is a disaster, and it seems like small meals from here on out are all I can handle.




The kids all love to love on their baby sister. They talk to her, snuggle her through my belly, and discuss their roles once she arrives. This is the first baby I've had that any of my other children are old enough to really understand and anticipate, and it's awesome.



21 weeks.
Gender ultrasound and growth check showed a beautiful, healthy baby girl! 




20 weeks.
Eating all the things.




17 weeks.
Baby and I travel to London! I've never felt better, more energetic, and happier. I felt the first flutters while with my bestie, Kacey, and would lay still  at night in her guest room, concentrating on trying to feel the baby move. Sweet memories. 







16 weeks.
Hello, bump.





14 weeks.
First maternity shirt for this babe and it feels sooooo good. (I am not ashamed to admit that I had been wearing maternity pants sooner than this. I am not a skinny preggo and there's no use pretending.)



13 weeks.
First glimpse of our human baby. :) Strong heartbeat, healthy growth.



12 weeks.
Have had a pretty bad cough that would not go away for weeks. Went to the doctor, then convenient care a few days later when symptoms worsened. Discovered I had pneumonia, a sinus infection and possibly strep.



12 weeks.
Maddie was sick and had to stay home from church. I find myself beginning to soak up any and all moments with just my little gal, who will no longer be the baby of the family.




10 weeks.
Cannot sleep enough. Super anti-social and couldn't care less.




9 weeks.
Robbie's first day of Kindergarten. I kept my crazy hormones and emotions in check for the most part, until he started to cry just before entering his classroom. And then I was a mess. :)




8 weeks.
First OB appointment with my new Dr.
We get a first peek at our little jalapeno-pepper-baby. It was too soon to detect a heartbeat but everything else looked great.





8 weeks.
Exhausted and nauseous. The kids learn to love hanging out in my bed watching a show while I rest.




7 weeks.
Robbie's teeth start falling out and the pregnancy-gag-reflex is in full swing.




5 weeks. 
(taken after receiving Zofran and fluids)
Sudden, constant vomiting for 12 hours landed me in the ER. We were concerned that something might be wrong with the pregnancy. Turned out to be food poisoning, thankfully. 




  

Last thing I ate before getting sick. Leftover birthday cake from the party a few days ago. What a shame.





Just happy.




5 weeks.
Celebrating my 33rd birthday at The Ivy in downtown Wheaton. 
(no one knew our secret)





4 weeks.
Last trip to the lake house for the summer. Snuck this first-bump-pic in the bathroom, days after finding out we were pregnant. Memorable moment: riding the tube with the kids since Rob wasn't with us. And even though the rides were pretty tame, thinking "my dr. would not be happy with me". 


3 comments:

The Samsons said...

Adorable pregnancy timeline! You look great at every stage!

Kendra said...

This is just perfect. Love it. And Ellie's face in that last picture is KILLING me. "Uh, really...what are you doing, Mom?!" Cannot wait to meet this precious girl!!!

Ritsema said...

So happy to watch your family grow...I loved watching your progression! Can't wait to hear all about her!