Tuesday, October 8, 2013

31 Days of Listening {to Others}

Introverts In The Church - by Adam S. McHugh

How many times can I bring up this wonderful book I've been reading {savoring} all summer and am now dragging out into the Fall!? I don't want to finish it too quickly - I've learned so much about myself, others, and the ways we relate within the body of Christ and His church. I've also been given the gift of freedom as I learn so much about myself and my husband and the ways we are totally introverted! I know, that might sound kind of funny. I promise we leave the house and have friends. :)

Anyways, once I read a book that I love, I like to keep tabs on the author. What else have they written? Do they keep a blog? Are they on Twitter? I've been pleased to find that in the case of Mr. McHugh, yes he keeps a blog, yes he's on twitter, and hallelujah, he's currently writing a book about {what else} listening.

This man has a lot to say that is very worthwhile. And because Tuesdays are the busiest day of the week around here, and I've been nursing a headache and very normal but uncomfortable side effects of being pregnant since I woke up, I'm going to let Adam do the talking today. On listening.

My favorite line: "...there is no glory in listening." I mean, how can you not love that. I am so drawn right now to the things that don't bring glory in the ways many seek it. It smacks of servitude and love and self sacrifice but mostly Jesus.

Hop on over here, I think you'll be glad you did.  Thanks, Adam!

No comments: