Monday, February 18, 2008

Baby Shower!

On Saturday my friend Kris hosted a baby shower for me at her house - it was so much fun, and great to see friends, some of whom I hadn't seen in a while. Kris, along with my mom and sister, had thought of every detail - from the brunch food to the decorations to the games and prizes... it was very sweet to think that they did it all just for me, to celebrate our little boy that will be here soon! Here are some pictures from the day...


Me and Kris


The Cake (it was just as delicious as it looks!)


Table decorations


So many presents!





A diaper cake - made by Alynn! And I have to say, when I took it apart and put the diapers away in the nursery, I discovered that she had hand-rolled and rubberbanded every individual diaper, on top of rigging the whole structure with ribbon, pins, and spoons, and other things! It was such a creation, and I felt terrible disassembling it. It had to have taken her hours to make.

Playing the name game...

Mom, me, Kris and Kelsey

Thanks to the 3 of you for all of the time you put into making my shower so special! And thanks to everyone who came to celebrate with us. I will never forget it!

2 comments:

Jen Fuhrman-Kestler said...

Looks like a great shower! Wish I could have made it.

Jennifer said...

Oh, I totally wish I could have been there to celebrate with you. Looks like it was a GREAT baby shower!