Monday, July 9, 2012

Puppy love

I have a lot of catching up to do but today we stopped by Quincy's store (aka The Storks Cradle), and while Ellie doted on Quincy (he's the dog), I watched as Maddie transformed before my eyes into a dog lover. She typically puts up with dogs. Smiles at them at best. Today was different - she was squealing with delight, scooting around to get right up in the pup's face. Giggling when he licked her cheeks.

I used to be a dog lover, but since having kids (and more than enough poop to go around), I can only see the negatives: hair everywhere, one more bladder to train, body to wash, mouth to feed and hush.

But today? I totally remembered why dogs are so much fun, and maybe even worth it. (One day.) I love seeing my kids so happy and full of love.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

I don't think Ellie could have gotten closer to that sweet puppy! What a sweet image of the tender side of her heart. I think you've got at least two puppy-lovers on your hands... if and/or when you decide to add an addition to the family, know that your aunt will dog-sit when you leave for family vacations :)