Sunday, July 28, 2013

Who we are.

I am fascinated with the concept of introversion/extroversion. I'm working my way through the book "Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking". It's helping me understand my very introverted husband more (what a gift he is to me, and to the world). And although I used to think of myself as an extrovert with some introvert tendencies, I am realizing instead how very introverted I am, with some extrovert qualities. It's helping me understand myself more - why certain things drain me, why I shouldn't feel guilty for the margin I need in my life, why I structure the relationships that I have and keep the way that I do, etc.

Highly recommend the book, but if you want a summary of life as an introvert, this was hysterical (and spot on).

2 comments:

Rebekah Wallace said...

Hi Ashley :) I picked this up at the library a few months ago but then had to return it before reading it...you know how that goes. I too wonder sometimes if I am more introverted than I think!!

Kelsey said...

Ha! Fantastic cartoon. Partly because it's simply hilarious, but also because I relate to the introverted man in the bubble more than I want to admit. I find myself inadvertently protecting 'margin time' knowing that this is what restores me -- solitude to think & process. I must be more introverted than I realized as well. And you said it well .... it does help me understand (and not feel guilty about) the way I navigate relationships, operate day-to-day, recharge, etc.
Thanks for sharing! much love from Peoria :-)