Monday, March 3, 2008

3 weeks to go!

The countdown continues... today marked 3 weeks left until my due date! I am officially 'full term' now, my doctor told me. I am begging our son to make himself more comfortable outside my belly and here in the world, so that we can all meet him and so that I can have my body back. Ok, and also so that I have the chance to dress him up in an easter outfit. But mainly because he is just getting too big for my insides! This morning I almost had to pull the car over as I drove to work, because he was moving around so much and it was just flat out painful. But I love every movement regardless, and know that I will really miss carrying this little guy around and being so connected to him physically. So it is with mixed emotions that I anticipate his birth-day, but I still can't wait for it to come! I'll post pictures taken this weekend soon, so you can see the belly-progression that continues to march on.


My friend Jen, who is pregnant with twins and due in mid-April, is on bedrest right now (we work/worked together at the SOA). Several of us drove her work shower gifts over to her last Thursday since she had to stop coming in to the office before we could throw her shower - here is a picture from that evening. We had fun watching her open tons of cute presents for her new little boy and little girl!



Rob and I had a fun and relaxing weekend (more on that in my next post... and a few pictures to go along with it) - aside from the fact that his back keeps slipping out of joint, causing much pain and hobbling. We are quite the pair now - it takes BOTH of us 5 minutes just to get out of the car, and we shuffle around the house like a couple of 90 year olds. If we weren't so uncomfortable, it would be funny and I'm sure we'd be laughing...

Maybe another day.

For now we pray for mercy and the loosening of muscles in Rob's back, and the safe (and quick!) delivery of our son. And we remember the blessings that are a part of our everyday life, and are so grateful to God for his goodness to us.

No comments: