Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Ashley's New Job

As of June 4th my job status changed to "Stay-At-Home-Mom"!  

While I am sad to be leaving my boss and coworkers at the Society of Actuaries, I am of course thrilled and very thankful that I can be at home with Robbie all day every day.  It's a blessing that we do not take for granted.  So far it has been amazing, and we have done so many fun things together (see entries below if you haven't already!).

What I love most about being a stay at home mom is that I get to be the primary witness to Robbie's life.  I get to kiss him every minute if I want to (which I do, poor kid).  I get to pray for him as I pick him up out of his crib in the morning, and do the same as I put him to sleep at night.  For some reason I can't pinpoint with words, I find it very important to seal his days with prayer and commit him to Jesus.  I am very aware that although he is our son, he is not 'ours' - he's only been placed in our care for an unknown amount of time.  
He belongs to our great God, and he is on loan to Rob and I here on earth for a while.  I am thankful (but often overwhelmed) that my calling is to raise him in the knowledge of God and what Jesus Christ has done for us - and to model Christ-likeness to him as I grow in my own faith.  I wrote this same thought tonight in the journal I keep for him, but he is our little miracle in so many ways - one of which being that he pushes me more towards Christ in a way that nothing and no one else has.  My job is a serious one and I don't take it lightly.  I can't do it well without walking closely with God.  

So it's a big job - I'm humbled and honored to be Robbie's mom.  
As I continue to learn what it all means and how to go about it, please pray for me.  
And feel free to throw suggestions, ideas, etc. my way!

Love to you all, 
Robbie's Mom

"Hello, little one!"
(getting to know each other just hours after Robbie's birth - one of my favorite pictures)

No comments: