Tuesday, September 2, 2008

If you haven't seen us around town...

...it's because we're not there.

We spent Labor Day Weekend at (you guessed it) the lake house with my parents, and we were joined by my sister Kelsey and her hilarious friend Jenny (aka baby snatcher), Robbie's Great Grandparents on the Armbruster side, Robbie's Aunt Judy (really his great-aunt, since she's my aunt) and Judy's friend, and his Auntie Cheryl. It was a fun weekend!

Highlights were:
- Robbie's second swim in the lake (first was 2 weeks ago with the Livingston family!)
- Watching Rob improve his slalom skiing
- Great conversations with Kels and Jenny
- Just being on the boat with family and relaxing at the house together

Last night, after returning from the lake house, Robbie surprised us by 'scooting' across the floor on his tummy! And he's done it a bunch of times since then, including in his crib (picture his little self scrunched in the corner of his crib against the railings, crying for me to come resue him!). So I guess it's official that he is now mobile - he rolls AND he scoots! Wow. This all happened much sooner than I was expecting. You only really have a BABY for a few months.

Other developmental news:
- Robbie is very close to holding his own bottle
- He likes to try to escape from your lap if you're holding him on it by arching his back and letting his legs go limp
- He loves to touch the face of the person holding him, especially your nose and mouth
- He's a crazy man in his exersaucer, able to spin all the way around but stopping intentionally at his favorite toys, and stands up the whole time
- When he cries now, he keeps his lips closed so it's more like a whiny "Mmmmm!" than a "Waaaa". Sometimes he lets loose and cries "Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma", although I am pretty sure he's not intentionally crying for me.

This post is getting dangerously close to boring. It's what happens when there's nothing else to do but blog. My mom and I are staying at a hotel near O'Hare until Thursday evening because I have a 2 day meeting for work. She will take care of Robbie during the day while I'm in meetings literally 100 feet from our hotel room, and then I will be with them in the evenings and overnight. Although I really wish we were home right now (how many times can a girl pack herself and her baby up in one month? I'm at 4 and counting...), this hotel set up could not be better for what we need from it for the next 2 days.

1 comment:

the deKorne family said...

sounds familiar! we were gone every weekend for six weeks last august/september. whew! although it's easier when they are little and portable...might as well squeeze it in! now i'm leaving 3 weekends in a row without sweet ava. trying to cram in time away before i'm trapped! so exciting he's scooting and moving and you are enjoying him so much. he is so blessed to have a mama like you!