Thursday, September 25, 2008

New Tricks

Before I forget these fun little things Robbie is doing, I thought I'd share them with you.  (Sorry, this is a picture-less post!)

- Sucking his breath in and out, in an out rapidly to try and get our attention
- Drinking from a big-boy sippie cup
- Grabbing his bottle with 2 hands and putting it to his mouth, by himself (still can't hold it in place for the duration of the feeding, though)
- What we have coined 'the baby gorilla dance' in his exersaucer - running and bouncing from left to right
- Being shy when people talk to him and turning into my shoulder
- Sitting up on his own in his high-chair and stroller
- Eating 3 meals a day of solids (and yogurt is a new favorite)
- Falling asleep for 3 naps a day and bedtime in 30 seconds flat, no fussing
- Pointing at everything with his index fingers (mainly his left one!!)
- Cracking us up with his raspberries, another ploy for mom and dad's attention
- Playing with mom's hair
- Pooping on everything

This week I have realized that I often have baby poop on things without realizing it.  It started with the underside of the exersaucer, after a blowout during one of his gorilla-esque romps.  Then (and not necessarily as a result) I found smudges of it on the bathroom rug, my arm, the wall, a random pair of pj's (supposedly freshly laundered), a box of wipes, the high chair and the stroller.  GROSS!   It just travels, or multiplies.  I don't even really know what anymore.  But I am waging war on the poop.

No comments: