Friday, August 7, 2009

Donuts make (almost) everything better

After the events of yesterday, I decided that this morning would be a donut morning (and fully caffeinated coffee for me!  Finally!).  Robbie slept in until 8:30am, and because the Bible says that every good and perfect gift comes down from the Father, I counted my blessings this morning as I snuck in a few extra hours of much needed sleep.  It might sound funny to be thankful for a late sleeper, but I have run this concept past other mommy-friends and we all agree that when our kids sleep in at times that we ourselves need more sleep, it is clearly a gift from God.  :)

We put on clothes that would pass as daytime clothes, and schlepped our bed-headed selves to Dunkin Donuts.  

Clearly, Robbie enjoyed his breakfast treat.






(Check out his molar on the lower right side!)

Then when we had consumed enough sugar and caffeine, it was time to play on the outdoor toys inside.

Climbing on...


Talking to his bike... trying to steer and turn the wheel side to side.
Unfortunately, it was in the stationary position and the wheel could not be turned.

This really frosted Robbie...


Temper tantrum.

Banging on the object of his frustration.  If there had been a paci in his mouth, he would have yanked it out of his mouth and thrown it forcefully to the floor right around now.

"Get me off this thing."

3 comments:

Heather Green said...

Oh my goodness, I love the series of donut pictures! AND the tantrum! Hahahaha! Isn't it good to be able to laugh (at least a little) after tough days?

the deKorne family said...

Couldn't agree more about the donuts!!!!!!! They make life so much better.

Jennifer said...

Ooh, donuts -- yum!!! We live dangerously close to a Dunkin Donuts and have to keep myself from heading in that direction some mornings (as well as the occasional afternoon craving)!

We have the same type of mornings -- it's always nice to get out of the house bright and early in our pjs (well, okay, I try to put something semi decent on -- Ty can get away with cute kid pjs though) and head down to our neighborhood Starbucks. We share a cranberry-orange scone (my fav), Ty eats his oatmeal and we watch the fire trucks across the street at the fire station and look out the window at all the cars/vans/buses hurrying off to whereever they're headed. It's always nice to get a change of scenery! Seems like those days are always good days (for both of us)!

LOVE the pictures on the bike. That tantrum looks curiously similiar to someone else's I know! :) Except my litte frustrated one usually ends up heading over to Mommy to take out the frustration with a hit, pinch, or scratch! Sometimes I even have to run away!!! (We're working on it, obviously!) :)

Hope you're having a good donut day!