Friday, November 19, 2010

Together

The afternoons are long and chilly. Perfect for bundling up and playing in the driveway... for 10 minutes! It seemed like a lot of work to get them dressed just to head back inside, so we hopped in the car and drove around eating popcorn and watching for trains while watching The Polar Express (for the thousandth time).


As I gave this girl a bath earlier today, I was overcome with thankfulness.
Thankful that Rob and I are able to fill our babies' tummies each day with good food.
Thankful that I have the privilege of bathing them with warm, clean water whenever I want or need to.
Thankful for cozy beds and books and toys that help them develop and grow.
Thankful for winter coats and hats.
Thankful for the opportunity to raise them.


I am so thankful that we have one another.
Even when we are keeping each other awake at night!


All it takes is quieting my heart and really looking at my kids to be overcome by God's goodness towards us, and His many blessings.


Looking forward to a weekend of rest, soup, hot sandwiches, and lots of time with my favorite people!

No comments: