Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Honey

Good times over here... we went to an apple orchard on Saturday (pics to come), and since then the kids have all struggled with that nasty cold marked by a deep barking cough.

Last night Robbie's cough was so bad I called the doctor to see if there was anything else I could do for him or give him over the counter to make him more comfortable. The nurse suggested a teaspoon of honey. Great!, I thought. I have honey. So I brought it up to our bedroom where he was and offered him a spoonful.

In a perfect world, it would have been an awesome home remedy for his cough and we all would have slept soundly last night.

But because this is my life we're talking about, IT MADE HIM VOMIT.

Seriously. It was just a reflex but it still resulted in vomit all over my bedroom carpet. I'm quickly becoming the mom who USED to be afraid of a vomiting child. We slept him on a mattress next to our bed and I don't think I slept more than 45 minutes in a row between his coughing fits. Hello, Fall. I love you but I also loathe you.

And then this morning after I gave Maddie her bottle, the poor babe was so congested that as she released her burp, she started to cough and snort as well AND PRODUCED AN IMPRESSIVE AMOUNT OF SPIT UP. On my lap. Did I mention that I had actually gotten a shower and put on clean clothes this morning?

We are a mess. :) Hope Fall is treating you kinder than it is treating us.

No comments: