Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Robbie goes to preschool

Last Wednesday morning, I made Robbie a big hot breakfast of eggs, sausage and waffles to help him celebrate his first day of Preschool!

When I asked him to give me a big-preschool-boy smile for the camera, this is what I got. Apparently, preschoolers are fairly aggressive.


It was only visitation day, but to my little guy it was the first day he would be checking out his new preschool room (kinda... it happens to be the exact same room he's in for Sunday School at church right now!). And the first day he would meet his teacher (also slightly confusing because his Sunday School teacher happens to be the preschool director so we saw a lot of her that day too).


This is an easy transition for all of us so far...


Preschool is at church...


Robbie is ready and anxious to play with groups of kids his own age, is a sponge when it comes to learning and enjoys occasionally branching away from his little sisters to do his own thing.


We had fun picking out his new backpack, his Fall school shoes, and school supplies (markers, glue and paper plates! ha).


The day went well - one of his teachers is a family friend and had a daughter that I went to school with in junior high/high school. I know she'll be wonderful to Robbie. We met a few of the kids in his class while we were there, but not all. He played with some of the 'new' toys (things not set out during sunday school but reserved for the preschool). And I only had one moment where I caught myself thinking "How are we here already!?" when I handed over his birth certificate for registration.

Um, weren't they just giving that to us yesterday when he was born? *small tear

My little guy is growing up.

And apparently there was chocolate at the bottom of the snack cups they handed out as we were leaving because on the way home I looked back and was surprised to see this sweet face!



We stopped for a quick date at Starbucks on the way home, and Robbie picked out chocolate milk while I of course savored a vanilla latte.

We toasted to his first day of preschool and it was a fun 'date'. It actually made me wistful that 2 mornings a week, I wouldn't have him home to do whatever I wanted to with him!


I love you Robbie. I'm so proud of the little boy you are becoming, and know that this next year of new experiences is going to be so great for you!


1 comment:

Issakainen said...

Abby starts next week and I am having the I can't believe we are already here feelings... already emotional... don't know how I am going to handle the first day!!!