Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Date night (x's 3)

One of our kids' favorite things to do is go on dates with just mommy or daddy, by themselves. They love the one-on-one time, and it's fun for Rob and I to treat them to that once in a while. 

Rob had gone last, so it was my turn. What I love about dates with my kids is 1) it doesn't have to be a long amount of time, and 2) it doesn't have to be elaborate. I literally had 2 or 3 hours before Rob and I were going out for a date together, so I first took Ellie to get hot chocolate and visit a cute shop with toys she could play with in Glen Ellyn, then swung back home to drop her off and pick up Robbie. He and I called a pizza order in, hit up Starbucks as well, then grabbed a few gummy worms at the popcorn shop before picking the pizza up and heading home for dinner before the sitter came.

Great memories, and they both gushed for days afterwards. I love these 2.








Also, these pictures of Robbie kill me. He may actually kill me one day for this. Oh honey, you are the best little boy out there.

1 comment:

Rachel Jones said...

Love that idea! Will have to start doing that soon