Monday, May 10, 2010

Not Me Monday!

Last week I did not, in the process of building a bookshelf for the office, pound on it during assembly with my palm so hard that I broke a blood vessel. As it began to swell, I did not panic at the thought of bleeding out internally through my wrist, because I do not even know if that is possible.

I did not change Ellie's poopy diaper in the large part of the shopping cart while in the toy aisle of Target one morning.

We did not let Robbie stay up 1 1/2 hours past his bedtime one night simply because the thought of walking up the stairs and going through his bedtime routine was too exhausting.

I did not just change Ellie's blowout diaper (necessitating 20 wipes), let her crawl naked afterwards as I took a breather and decided whether the pj's were salvageable, only to watch her pee twice on the carpet before I could get a new diaper on her.

Rob and I are not addicted to Pez candy.

4 comments:

Kendra said...

Hilarious! :) I love it.

The Belgianos said...

Ashley! I recently found your blog and love it! Your kids are beautiful!!! I love this post def made me laugh. I would so be thinking the same thing with your hand:) Hope it is better now.

Jennifer said...

Ashley, you are HILARIOUS!!! :)

I think the diaper change in the Target shopping cart is my favorite!

Nicki said...

ROFL! What a crazy week! No wonder you're addicted to Pez candy! I mean, not.