Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Things to do when the babes get crabby

Last week, the hour just before Rob comes home from work (aka: the witching hour) was getting long... so I took the kids on another bike ride to Dunkin Donuts, hoping the sugar would sweeten them up.


It worked! The combination of fresh air and a little sugary fried dough was enough to keep my campers happy. On the way there, I looked back when things got particularly quiet, and both kids were drinking their milk (Robbie's in a sippy, Ellie's in a bottle)... but Ellie had slouched over onto Robbie's shoulder, and he was dutifully supporting his little sister without protest. It was one of the sweetest things I have ever witnessed between the two of them.

Ellie got anxious at the end of the ride and needed to be taken inside... but Robbie was happy to model the bike trailer for me with the help of Ellie's baby.

No comments: