Saturday, May 31, 2008

Lazy weekend

Poor Rob has the flu, so I took Robbie to my parents' house Thursday afternoon so that we wouldn't catch his sickness.  Last night mom, Kelsey, Robbie and I  drove to the lake house, and we're enjoying a lazy day today!  It's so windy that the flag pole at the end of the pier is swaying back and forth. I put Robbie in the baby bjorn and we walked out in the yard and onto the pier for some fresh air (which blew the pacifier out of his mouth and into the lake! ...grandpa to the rescue with a fishing net), but the wind bothered him too much - like he had a hard time taking a breath with it blowing in his face - so we came back inside.  

This morning we celebrated my dad's birthday which is June 1st.  We decorated the house with balloons and streamers, made his favorite dessert (brownies) and brought in his favorite lunch (Pizza King).  He flew in around lunch time (lucky to survive the blustery flight, apparently!), and was surprised by the party that was waiting for him!  He opened presents and we had a fun time.  I have pictures and videos, but no way to upload until I'm back home and have my cords.  Sorry. :(

In other news, Robbie is quite the fashion forward baby in his black and white striped baby legs!  You can check them out at babylegs.com if you don't know what they are.  He loves them and aunt Kelsey calls him her 'Rugby Baby' since it looks like he has a Rugby uniform on when he is wearing them  (apparently...!).  He also just got his first life jacket this morning.  It's so cute and soft.  I promise to post pictures soon.  This is becoming a very boring blog without them...

Love from Snow Lake!  (Get well soon, daddy.)

No comments: