Thursday, May 29, 2008

Not so big news, but still news...

For those of you who enjoy the littler milestones, Robbie is now trying to grasp his bottle while I feed him.  Tonight he had both hands open and flat on the bottle, by the collar, and was trying so hard to do something (anything!) with them that he kept breaking the suction and knocking the bottle out of his mouth.

He also knows that if his bottle is removed while he's feeding, that we're about to burp him .  He tightens his neck and shoulders and tries to sit up in anticipation of being picked up and put over a shoulder to be burped.  For some reason this amazes me - maybe because it shows thought patterns and memory.

The other thing that was special about today was that he kept the same outfit on from morning until his bedtime bath!  This is no small miracle.  His blowout diapers have us running for fresh clothes 2 or 3 times a day, and if I don't get down to the laundry room to do something with the stack of poopy clothes that still sit in our utility sink, our entire basement is going to smell like something died down there.  I attribute the lack of blowouts today to the fact that we upgraded to size 2 diapers this week.  

In addition to going up a size in diapers, I have started to collect a small pile of clothes that Robbie has already grown out of.  Who knew a pile of clothes could make a mommy so sad!?  I can't believe how fast he is growing - this evening I pulled out a newborn size diaper and showed Rob how tiny it looks up next to Robbie (and reminded him that the newborn diapers looked big on our little boy in the hospital!).

1 comment:

ZFam said...

Oh, I know...that first year has a lot of "sad" moments as you pack up outift after outfit! I still look back at those infant diapers and think "how? how did he fit in those? he still seems like my little baby!"

And, good job for moving up in diapers...as soon as my kids start having blowouts, I move them up immediately...usually solves the problem. It's unfortunate it takes all that nastiness for me to realize they need a bigger diaper, though!!!=)