Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Pumpkin Pickin'

Who ever heard of picking out pumpkins on a day that feels like summer?  That's what we did on Saturday - it was a beautiful day, although it was so warm we were all sweating (and fearing sunburn!).  And yes, it was October 11th.  We went to Sonny Acres, where my parents would always take us when we were kids, and they even still have some of the same decorations that were around 20+ years ago!  Love it.  That ugly witch up in the dead tree when you first walk in, the pumpkin tree, and although it's not a decoration it's a staple - the shop that sells fudge (we picked out the plain, peanut butter and pumpkin flavors!), apple butter, popcorn balls and cider.  Yum!  
Robbie enjoyed his introduction to Sonny Acres, and I think he will enjoy it more next year when he can walk around (and play on the kiddie rides in the carnival area).   


Pumpkins!


Having a great time


Mom, can I have this one?  It's huge!



Our selection - Dad's pumpkin, Mom's pumpkin, and Robbie's baby pumpkin

Happy fall, everyone!

3 comments:

DeBlock's Blog said...

I tried to tell Marc that when you put out your pumpkins there needs to be one for each person in the family, appropriate to each person's size. He looked at me like I was crazy :) And I see I am not the only one who thinks this is a must. (Although some how I ended up with five pumpkins on my steps this year).

DeBlock's Blog said...

and the pictures are beautiful, sounds like you had a great weekend.

Jennifer said...

Love the pictures! I have actually been thinking about Sonny Acres a lot these days! Wish we lived closer so I could take Tyler there! I LOVE their carmel apples and the barn with all the halloween costumes/masks, etc. You just gotta love Sonny Acres! :)