Thursday, April 8, 2010

Big Boy Bed!

Yesterday 2 (very strong) men delivered Robbie's big boy bedroom furniture...  He was thrilled to watch it all go down.


And so?!....

Last night he went to bed with a little bit of confusion but minimal fuss.
We told him his bunk bed was kind of like his very own tent to sleep in!
And he slumbered in peace for 12 straight hours (which was typical in the crib).


He woke up happy and eager to pose next to his 'big boy-ee bed' for me!


Like I told Rob yesterday, I am surprisingly unemotional about this transition.
If transitions like these make you sentimental, here's the cure:
Have your babies so close together that you get EXCITED for one of them not to be in a crib.


Wow.  He is really growing up!
And, I should have made the bed before I took all these pictures because the bedspread is a really cute (oops, handsome) light blue and khaki plaid.  But we all know how disciplined I am about making beds...


Disclaimer: we know not to actually let him crawl up and/or use the top bunk.  This is why the ladder is not in place.  If he starts to attempt to climb up, we will debunk the beds.    

3 comments:

The Larsons said...

Oh my, Robbie! You are so big. I'm proud of you for sleeping so well in your big boy bed. You should feel very proud of yourself.
xo,
Auntie Becky ;)

Dave, Ninny and Isla said...

Congrats on the big transition! I can't believe he stayed in there all night. Love the cute family Easter pics.

Nicki said...

Congratulations on your first night in a real big boy bed, little guy!