Sunday, November 27, 2011

Our version

Madeline has shown a stronger affection for being sung to than either of the other kids did as infants. It's been fun to choose sweet lullabies each night for her, and she settles the quickest and smiles the biggest when I start in on "Jesus loves me". However, I have found this ritual to be soothing for me as well. As her body relaxes into mine, and her quiet humming accompanies my voice, I too relax and invite the Lord into this sweet time of the day. My favorite song to sing is "He's got the whole world" but I always make up my own verses depending on my mood, the kind of day I've had, and what is troubling me or weighing heavy on my heart. Quiet tears always seem to come with the reminder that the Lord is bigger than anything in my life, and as He faithfully releases me from fear, worry or heartache.

I found comfort in tonight's rendition, proving that even in the midst of great sadness, He really, truly does hold us. Each one of us.

******************

He's got the whole world
In His hands
He's got the whole world
In His hands
He's got the whole world
In His hands
He's got the whole. world.
In. His. hands.

He's got the itty bitty babies
In His hands
He's got you and me, honey
In His hands
He's got great grandma Jessie
In His hands
He's got the whole world
In His hands.

*************

Thanks so much for praying for us today as we said goodbye to my last dear grandmother. I intend to write more about it when I'm better rested, to remember and honor her but also because God was so good and merciful to us in the way that everything unfolded. We will miss her so much.

2 comments:

The Larsons said...

Thinking of you and praying for you today. Thanks be to our Heavenly Father for holding us in His mighty and loving hands.

kacey said...

you are an inspirational example of seeking and finding His strength through a time of grief. thanks for sharing, can't wait to hear even more. so much love & prayers, my friend.