Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Say what?

Heard around our house lately...

(This afternoon Robbie was jumping on the couch, over a stack of cushions, landing on his bum.)
Me: "Hey Robbie, we don't jump on the couch like that."
Robbie: {completely serious} "Who does, mommy? Who DOES jump on the couch like that?"
Me: {crickets}

*********************************

Anytime Ellie is nervous, scared, uncertain or intimidated, she looks up at me out of the corner of her eyes, slinks over to my side, and grows very still. Then she whispers in a very low voice, "I love you, mama". Except the "I" part is a higher note, like her normal voice, and then it lowers and the "love you mama" slurs together. As she is finishing her thought, she shifts her eyes at the object or person that is making her nervous, and repeats her "I love you mama"s until I respond or offer her some sort of acceptable security.

*********************************

Robbie: "Ellie, are we best friends?"
Ellie: "Yeah, Robbie! YEAH!"

*********************************

Me: "Ellie, please finish your lunch. Eat your fruit!"
Ellie: {scowls, shoves her plate away at the mere suggestion} "No, I will NEVER eat. I will NEVER."
Me: {ignores her response}
Ellie: {pulls plate back, resumes eating}

*********************************

Robbie: {laying on our bed, head hanging over the side} "Help, Ellie! I'm falling off the train!"
Ellie: {pulling on his arm} "I save you, Robbie! Ellie to uh rescue!"
...and then...
Ellie: {now the one hanging off the bed} "Helllpppp! I fallin' off da train!"
Robbie: {pulls her up to sitting} "I'll save you, Ellie!"
...and repeat x's 100.

*********************************

Robbie: "God and Jesus are my favorite people in heaven because I love them and they love me."

*********************************

Robbie: "Mom, remember when I was a cow at the last Halloween and Papa chased me around the stairs saying 'there goes the cow!'...?"
{Without us mentioning anything about Halloween last year or reminding him what he dressed up as, he remembered on his own. I was totally shocked by his memory. Apparently 3 1/2 yr olds can recall things that happened to them as 2 1/2 yr olds. Yikes.}

*********************************

Rob: {I wasn't there, but something to the effect of...} "Mommy's making us chicken pot pie for dinner!"
Robbie: "Is it chicken? Or is it sweet?" {like pie}



1 comment:

Rachel Jones said...

Oh my goodness - LOVE these quotes!!