Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Shattered

The worst that had ever happened to me while grocery shopping was the time Robbie knocked a glass jar of pickles off of a shelf.

Until this morning.

Ellie far surpassed her brother's level of destruction by shattering a bottle of dark red OPI nail polish when I had my back turned. I heard the crack and then felt wetness on my legs. When I surveyed the damage, I laughed because we looked like we were filming a slasher movie. My cropped sweatpants, bare calves and shoes were splattered with polish and the floor looked like someone had just bled out.

I was mortified and apologized to the employee who came to clean up our mess about 100 times. And now I'm off to beg the dry cleaner to magically save my shoes and pants.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Yikes, definitely a memory maker! Would love to have seen those slasher legs! :)