Thursday, June 30, 2011

In case you were wondering

I'm looking forward to... a long holiday weekend with my little family, the 4th of July parade, and our next date night (yet to be scheduled).

My house smells like... Meyers Clean Day Basil Scent. I love this line of natural cleaning products now that we have kids, and I went a little nutso the other day at Target and got the dish soap, hand soap, AND countertop spray. I live a crazy life.

I'm thankful for... the days and nights that everyone sleeps well in our home - especially if it's at the same time!, The Lou pizza, celebrating birthdays, lattes (it had to be said).

The best memory we've made lately... hands down, when Rob's fam came to visit over the weekend. Our kids have missed their cousins!

I'm craving... consistent time alone to start my new bible study. Seriously considering setting an EARLY alarm in order to get it in each day, otherwise I just don't know how it's going to happen.

Cute things the kids are doing... stacking pillows and blankets in a pile and calling it "Italian Pizza!". Trying out a new bag of dress up clothes, complete with fairy wings. Robbie declaring in his moments of frustration with Ellie, "I'M GOING TO SMASH HER INTO BITS OF GLITTERY PIECES!". Playing together a LOT more than they ever have, mostly peaceably.

On our dinner plates... I feel like I feed the kids the same things over and over - PBJs, macaroni, chicken nuggets, turkey rolls with cheese tucked inside, grilled cheese, spaghetti with meatballs/meat sauce. I'm in a funk but mostly because they will not eat what I cook for dinner usually! Unless of course we've fed them, put Ellie to bed, and I've made Rob's and my dinner and then suddenly Robbie is ALL ABOUT trying whatever I'm eating. Endearing or annoying, I'll let you decide. I'm not doing a whole lot of great cooking right now for Rob (sad!), mainly because that time of day is just the worst and my goal is to get everyone through it as best I can. That usually doesn't include abandoning fussy kids for the kitchen.

I like to get creative with summer leftovers... Hamburgers on the grill get mashed and mixed into spaghetti sauce for the kids the next day. Chicken on the grill gets chopped and lands on top of homemade nachos or a big dinner salad. Day old baked potatoes are peeled and diced for homemade potato salad (just add onion, mayo, mustard, parsley, deviled egg if you have it, diced green pepper and S&P), or can be repurposed into a simple creamy potato soup.

What about you?!

No comments: