My early labor pains continue to hang around, and after a call to my doctor a few minutes ago we were cleared to head for the hospital to have our baby girl today!
This is a much more surreal experience than my labor and delivery with Robbie. I will be holding my baby in just a few hours, for sure. No guessing how long I'll labor, since a C-section delivers the baby so quickly!
Robbie and I had a nice last morning together, just the two of us. He slept in, we played during breakfast, and then walked around Town Square (albeit in the heat - I figured it could only help 'nudge' labor on, right!?) for a little while. Auntie Cheryl met us during our shopping trip and came back to the house with us to watch Robbie for the afternoon. My parents and sister will come to the hospital when it appears that we're close to heading into surgery.
And now I'm just waiting for Rob to come home so that we can head to the hospital together!
Thanks for your prayers for us throughout the pregnancy, and I hope that you will continue to join us in prayer for the following things:
- a safe breech delivery, specifically no cord complications
- that I would not respond to the epidural like I did the last time (quick drop in blood pressure - scary and very uncomfortable!)
- that our baby girl would be healthy and adjust quickly to life outside the womb (lungs clear, etc.)
- that I would recover quickly
- that Robbie would do well over the next few days and adjust to the new baby when we come home as well
- that Rob, my family, and Aunt Cheryl would all have energy as they help care for Robbie in my absence, and that God would pour out blessings on them for how much work this is going to be!
Hopefully our next post will be a baby announcement - we'll get pictures up as soon as we're able!