Monday, August 20, 2012

"Honey Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs"

My friend Sam (Hi, Sam! Do you read this blog? I don't know...) shared this recipe with me, and again... "it's too good to keep to myself, I don't know where it originated, and you should make this as soon as possible". Especially since it's great on the grill and those days are numbered!

Sam's Honey Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs

Ingredients:

1/4 C vegetable oil
1/3 C honey
1/3 C soy sauce
1/4 t black pepper
3 chicken breasts, cut into pieces
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion cut into pieces
2 bell peppers cut into pieces
(I added 8 cherry tomatoes as well)

Instructions:

Whisk together oil, honey, soy sauce, and pepper. Before adding chicken and garlic, reserve a small amount of marinade to brush on while cooking. Then add garlic, chicken, onion, peppers, and tomatoes to the bowl and marinate at least 2 hours.

Thread chicken pieces onto skewers and keep vegetables on separate skewers (since cooking times are often different). Grill until chicken is cooked through and until vegetables are cooked but still slightly firm, turning and brushing with marinade as you grill. Serve with rice.

*Might I recommend preheating your grill to the highest heat, and just before you put the kabobs on to cook, turn the heat way down? This is the only way I've figured out how to grill chicken without totally charring it.

No comments: