Thursday, March 24, 2011

Pleasantly surprised

Project keep-my-mind-off-labor continued today {as it will until we are in the car on the way to the hospital}. It was a rocky start, as I spent the first hour of my day at 5:30am with contractions, back pain and nausea. My prayers for this to be the start of real labor unfortunately went unanswered, so the babe will cook a little while longer.

Robbie decided that 5:45am was a great time to wake up, so at least I had company. I decided it was a great day for coffee, donuts, and a drive through the arboretum. That translates loosely as "I need something to keep the kids occupied until naptime that will allow me to remain sitting still and not require me to lift, carry or break up fights between two chunky monkeys."

Once the donut holes were gone and the Arboretum had lost its luster, we resorted to driving up and down the street parallel to the train tracks, hunting commuter and freight trains. I don't blame you at this point if you are laughing at me. These are desperate times and I find myself doing odd things to keep us all entertained and happy. We passed a children's resale shop that I've been meaning to check out on College Avenue, and I decided that it would be a good morning to stop in.


BEST FIND EVER!


Wear & Share
1026 College Avenue, Wheaton
630-456-4140
Hours:
M/T/R/F - 10am-5pm
W - 11am-7pm
Sat - 10am-4pm
Sun - 11am-4pm

I chatted with the owner, Kate, as I walked through her shop, and was so surprised to find great name brands on the clothing she carries. {Baby Nay, Baby Lulu, Naartjie, Hanna Andersson, Mini Boden, Gap, Gymboree, Carters, Ralph Lauren, Osh Kosh, Janie and Jack, and the list goes on...} Her shop is clean, well organized, and has an area in the back where Robbie and Ellie could entertain themselves with toys that were for sale. She was so kind about them making a little bit of a mess but I promised her we would pick up everything before we left. She took notice of the kinds of clothes I was drawn to and pulled a few things out of the racks that she thought matched my taste and was spot on. She also has one round rack of maternity clothes and I'm excited to sell some of mine here in the future. In addition to used kids clothes, shoes, books, and toys, she sells a selection of Barefoot Books (brand new).

Apparently she just opened her shop in November, and is a Florida transplant. I was tempted to keep this little find a secret - it was like stumbling upon a treasure chest! I left with some summer clothes for Ellie and the new baby and am thrilled with what I found. Her prices are more than fair for the quality of clothing she carries. Kate is so endearing and personable, and I am really rooting for her to do well, so I wanted to let anyone local know that this is definitely a resale shop worth checking out.

1 comment:

yeamansfamily said...

so fun! wish i lived in wheaton! have you ever seen tea clothing? you would LOVE it. you should check it out - they usually just carry it at little boutiques, but it's online too. teacollection.com
can't wait to hear about the baby! :) praying for you, ashley!