Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Fun at the Lake House

We had a great weekend at the Lake House this weekend!  I didn't take nearly enough pictures, it's hard to remember when you're having fun being together - you just want to be in the moment.  Oh well - here's what I got!

Robbie loves the boat and is so much more aware of what's going on.  The hum of the motor and sound of the water always puts him to sleep! 


Grandpa shows Robbie the lake - and tells him all about how he will ski and drive the boat one day.  I love this picture - you can see Robbie's face in Dad's sunglasses.


Chatting away!



Pretty Armbruster girls!

What I didn't catch with the camera were some other Robbie-firsts and fun activities:

- He tasted baby oatmeal and LOVES it!  The rice cereal was clogging his 'plumbing' if you will, and the oatmeal swiftly took care of that problem.  Plus it apparently tastes better to him than the rice cereal, so everyone's happy now!

- He took his first 'swim' in the baby pool on the deck.  
The verdict: he enjoyed it, but got bored.  I think it will be more fun once he can sit up by himself and face me, instead of sitting on my lap staring at the other side of the plain blue plastic pool.

- Dad (Rob) is now slaloming really well, and even getting outside the wake and back like he's been doing it for years.  He's dangerously close to making me look like a beginner skier - this baby-making thing really alters your athleticism!  

- Speaking of athleticism, I rolled my ankle as I stepped off the pier while carrying Robbie Sunday.  Luckily I was able to keep from falling by bearing all my weight on the side of my foot while it was turned in/under, and stood back up - but I'm paying for it now!  So sore... and I didn't even ski.

- We played lots of euchre, and after getting skunked by mom and dad the first game, Kels and I went on to cream them 3 games in a row!  Ok, maybe it wasn't a creaming - but it sure felt good to finally win against those 2.

- My family surprised me with a birthday celebration on the boat Friday morning! (First ever birthday party ON the boat!)  My brother Collin was responsible (so I hear) for the creative idea of packing the wells of the boat with helium balloons.  We were in the middle of the lake when he starts to say "Ready?... 1, 2, 3..." and then opens the wells - all of these green and pink balloons fly out and up into the sky, and one boat passing us starts to honk.  SO cute.  Then a raspberry/white chocolate cake is pulled out of another bench, along with cute plates and napkins, silverware, and gifts.  It was so special and my mom got great pictures of it all - I'll try to get them from her to post.  It was the best celebration and so thoughtful!  Thanks guys! :)


No comments: