Tuesday, July 15, 2008

"The Shack"


Have you read "The Shack", by William P. Young?


If you have, you know how I am feeling - I just finished it moments ago.

If you haven't, I hope someday (soon!) each of you will pick it up and read it.

I don't want to say too much about it, for several reasons:
1. I want you to experience it for yourself.
2. I can't even begin to put words to what I have learned, how it has deeply affected and changed me.
3. I'm sure that every one of us that reads the book and the exact same words will take from it very different things - things that are for each of us individually to learn, grow from, be broken by, and be softened as a result.

I will say this: it will definitely shake up your view of who God is, how He wants to live in us, the depth of his love, and how you view your life and this earth.  It is easily my favorite work of fiction.

Thoughts, anyone??

No comments: