Tuesday, July 8, 2008

New Experiences and Fun Toys

Now that Robbie can hold his head up on his own without much wobbling, we're working on sitting up!  The Bumbo chair is great for practice.  (Don't worry - I know about the deal with these chairs: it's always on a soft spot on the floor, and I am within arms reach when he's in it.)  He thought it was pretty great!  Check out the curled toes.  I thought he looked a lot like me in the face in this picture:


And then I decided that if sitting up was starting to happen, then the high chair could be put together!  So out it came from the depths of our basement, and again - he loved it.  I had the TV on while I was assembling it, and when I strapped him in, he locked in on the TV show.  I decided to see if I could get a reaction from him and turned on a baby show (it was actually pretty creepy - had a puppet baby with crazy florescent hair).  Robbie was literally talking and shrieking in joy at the puppet baby!  I took this pic after his excitement died down:


What a big boy. :)  He loves to play on his back each day to give his neck a rest.  He flails his arms and kicks like crazy, and gets himself all worked up.  It's so fun!  He is looking more and more like a little boy to me and less like a baby. 


No comments: