Monday, July 7, 2008

Your Patience is Finally Rewarded...

I am a BAD BLOGGER mommy.  I have left you wondering for 2 whole weeks what we have been up to (as if it were really that exciting and near-and-dear to your heart!), wondering if baby Robbie has grown beyond recognition (he has... to us!), wondering if I will ever post to this blog again (the answer should be apparent).  And wow, I just re-read the last post I wrote, and I flat out lied to you.  I promised pictures and more blogging... I'm sorry.

Thanks for waiting!  

It has been a busy few weeks for us.  I just went through a bunch of recent pictures, trying to scale back what I want to post on here and write about.  I can't.  There are 45 that I am in love with and that all tell a little story I want you to know about!  You are going to have to get back in the habit of checking our blog DAILY (I almost wrote hourly, but that might be a tad overeager, and I don't want to mislead you 2 posts in a row) because we have a lot of catching up to do, you and I. 

It's late though, and my sweet bed is calling me.  To give you a hint about an upcoming post, we just returned this evening from a great 4th of July weekend trip to New Jersey to see Rob's family (they're mine now too, but you know what I mean - the Livingston side of the family).  Part of my bloggy-absence was due to trip preparations and anxiety.  The preparations paid off, and the anxiety wasn't worth it (as usual - do I learn? no.).  We had a wonderful trip and are thankful for the safety God granted to us as we flew, drove and had fun in the spaces in between.

To tide you over and keep you coming back for more (have you forgiven me yet?), I'll leave you with a picture of us at the airport today.  I have no idea why I chose the pose I did.  I think the backpack was making me feel dorky.  This one's for you, Mom A. - you wanted to see how we looked with our spiffy new backpacks and all of our luggage!  Here you go... 

(Check out Rob's new 'do - it's called "High and Tight"!  
I cut mine too - I was feeling left out.)

No comments: