Friday, December 9, 2011

The most wonderful time

Today is a parental-first for me - Robbie has his first Christmas program at preschool later this morning.

I have never been so thankful for what a 'given' it was to me that my parents would be in the audience of any and every performance I was in, however monumental it was (or most likely was not!). It's not always easy to make it happen.

It was a close one today. Ellie has been feverish for the last 2 days, and for literally every minute she was awake she either whimpered or cried. Poor thing has been miserable. 2 nights ago I slept on the floor next to her. Last night she was up every half hour. I sort of want to poke myself in the eye with something at the thought of keeping both girls happy and quiet during this sweet preschool performance, in my exhausted state. But I am so excited to watch my little guy, and those emotions are wining out. It also happens to be his turn to be the special person, which means he gets leadership privileges and brings the snack (Christmas cookies!). It's a big day in the life of my 3 year old... And so it is for me as well.

Plus, there is something so sweet about the first snow of the season, which happened today. We woke up to discover our green grass covered in a blanket of white, and at this point it was enough to make me stop and stare out the window this morning. An maybe even get a little misty-eyed. This is a wonderful season - of the year and also of life.

No comments: